... Wind Advisory in effect until 6 PM EDT this evening...
The National Weather Service in Greenville-Spartanburg has issued
a Wind Advisory... which is in effect until 6 PM EDT this evening.
* Locations... east facing slopes of the northern and
central North Carolina mountains and adjacent foothills.
* Hazards... trees and power lines down by strong gusty winds.
* Timing... wind gusts will peak during the early afternoon
hours... then weaken through the rest of the day.
* Winds... northwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 50 to 55 mph.
* Impacts... strong winds may blow down limbs... trees... and power
lines. Scattered power outages are expected.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds
this strong can make driving difficult... especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio or your favorite source of
weather information for the latest updates. Additional details
can be found at www.Weather.Gov/gsp.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Avery Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 10:17 AM EDT Oct. 21, 2016 – National Weather Service
Issued: 4:38 PM EDT Oct. 20, 2016 – National Weather Service
... Record high temperature set at Greenville-Spartanburg SC...
A record high temperature of 87 degrees was set today at the
Greenville-Spartanburg Airport. This breaks the old record of
86 degrees set back in 1899.