... Red flag warning remains in effect from noon Saturday to
midnight MDT Saturday night for low relative humidity for fire
weather zones 113, 115 and 116...
* affected area... in Montana, fire weather zones 113 hill and
Blaine counties, 115 Chouteau and Fergus counties and 116
Lincoln Ranger district of the Helena National Forest.
* Winds... northwest 15 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
* Timing... this afternoon through evening as well as Saturday
afternoon through Saturday evening.
* Relative humidity... as low as 14 percent.
* Temperatures... highs around upper 80s to lower 90s.
* Impacts... low humidity and gusty west winds could create
critical fire weather conditions for grassland locations.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions are
either occurring now, or will shortly. A combination of strong
winds, low relative humidity, and warm temperatures can contribute
to extreme fire behavior.
Please advise the appropriate officials or fire crews in these
areas of this red flag warning.
251 PM MDT Fri Jul 20 2018
... Fire Weather Watch in effect from Saturday afternoon through
* affected area:
fire zone 108 (east lolo).
* Impacts: a dry cold front moving slowly across the northern
rockies late tonight will stall over the east Lolo before
eventually drifting south Saturday evening. This will result in
very gusty late afternoon winds on Saturday, and several hours
of low humidity readings.
* Winds: sustained 15 to 25 mph with gusts to near 40 mph.
* Minimum humidities: 8 to 18 percent.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Central and Southern Lewis and Clark Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch
Issued: 10:35 PM MDT Jul. 20, 2018 – National Weather Service