The Flood Warning continues for...
* ... Oslo... on the Red River.
* From Thursday evening until further notice... or until the warning
* At 8:15 PM Wednesday the stage was 19.7 feet.
* Moderate flood stage is 30.0 feet.
* Forecast... rise above flood stage by Thursday night and continue to
rise to near 31.4 feet by Sunday early afternoon.
* The river is forecast to crest at 31.4 on Sunday early afternoon
during this 7-day period.
* Impact statement(s) - at 30.0 feet, moderate flood stage.
* Ice jams are very common at Oslo and cannot be ruled out.
The effect of a possible ice jam is not included in this
forecast. Previous break-up ice jams have added 5 ft or
more to an open-water crest. The accumulating freezing
degree days this year are significantly lower than during
these past break-up jams, so we may not see such severity
Daily 7pm CDT/6pm CST forecast stage in feet:
date Thu Fri Sat sun Mon Tue Wed
(month/day) 02/23 02/24 02/25 02/26 02/27 02/28 03/01
Oslo 24.8 29.3 30.9 31.4 31.1 29.9 28.1
lat... Lon 4810 9721 4807 9698 4846 9706 4848 9725
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
East Marshall Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 9:21 PM CST Feb. 22, 2017 – National Weather Service