... Lake effect snow warning remains in effect from 1 am Thursday
to 7 PM EST Friday...
* north to northwest winds will bring lake effect snow into the
area late tonight. Snow will then continue through Friday.
The heaviest snow is expected Thursday and Thursday night.
* Northwest winds gusting up to 30 mph near Lake Superior will
lead to patchy blowing and drifting snow along the shoreline
Thursday into Thursday night.
* Expect snowfall late tonight into Thursday of 5 to 8 inches
near Lake Superior with the most snow falling over the
Michigamme Highlands... including at Herman and Champion. Snow
amounts inland from Republic to Gwinn through late Thursday
will be 2 to 5 inches. The lake effect snow will continue
Thursday night through Friday night... with several inches of
additional accumulation expected... heaviest closer to Lake
* roads will become snow covered and slippery.
* Moderate to heavy snow and patchy blowing snow will reduce
visibilities. The lowest visibilities... less than one-half
mile at times... will occur Thursday and Thursday night.
* The worst conditions will be along and near Lake Superior.
* a lake effect snow warning means significant amounts of lake-
effect snow are forecast that will make travel very hazardous
* Prepare... plan... and stay informed. Visit www.Weather.Gov/MQT