... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from midnight
tonight to 4 PM EST Friday...
* snow showers will increase in coverage and intensity toward
* Snowfall totals of 3 to 7 inches are possible by Friday
* Gusty west to northwest winds to 30 mph will produce blowing
and drifting snow particularly Thursday and Thursday night.
* Wind chill readings 10 to 15.
* The heavy lake effect snow bands will cause abrupt changes in
visibility with near whiteout conditions possible.
* roads will become snow covered and slippery... especially for
the Thursday afternoon and Friday morning commutes.
* Commute times to destinations will become longer than normal.
* Visibilities could drop to near zero at times under the
heavier bands and in blowing and drifting snow.
* the Michigan Department of Transportation reminds motorists
to adjust speeds based on the conditions... and to take it
slow in ice and snow.
* Weather preparedness information is available on line at
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Barry Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 8:24 PM EST Dec. 7, 2016 – National Weather Service