... High wind watch in effect from Sunday morning through late
The National Weather Service in Detroit/Pontiac has issued a high
wind watch, which is in effect from Sunday morning through late
* high wind, with gusts of 50 mph likely, is expected beginning
Sunday morning and persisting through late Sunday night.
Sustained winds will be from the west at 30 to 40 mph.
* Brief intervals of gusts up to 60 mph will also be possible.
* The highest gusts are most likely during the late morning to
* downed tree limbs and power lines will be possible and may lead
to scattered power outages.
* Driving will become potentially hazardous for high profile
* Unsecured outdoor objects will likely be blown around.
A high wind watch means there is the potential for a hazardous
high wind event. Sustained winds of at least 40 mph... or gusts of
58 mph or stronger may occur. Continue to monitor the latest
* Prepare, plan and stay informed. Visit www.Weather.Gov/safety
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Lapeer Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
High Wind Watch
Issued: 11:00 AM EST Feb. 22, 2019 – National Weather Service