... Lake effect snow watch in effect from late Wednesday night
through Friday evening...
The National Weather Service in Marquette has issued a lake
effect snow watch... which is in effect from late Wednesday night
through Friday evening.
* north to northwest winds will bring lake effect snow into the
area Wednesday night... although the exact start time is uncertain.
Snow will then continue through Friday.
* Northwest winds gusting as high as 30 mph near Lake Superior will
lead to patchy blowing and drifting snow.
* Near Lake Superior... several inches of snow is expected to
accumulate each day and night from Thursday through
Friday... resulting in total accumulations in excess of a foot.
Inland from Republic to Gwinn... snowfall amounts will be much
lower than along the Lakeshore.
* roads will become snow covered and slippery.
* Moderate to heavy snow and blowing snow will reduce visibilities.
* The worst conditions will be along and near Lake Superior
* a lake effect snow watch means there is a potential for a
large amount of snow in only a few hours.
* Prepare... plan... and stay informed. Visit www.Weather.Gov/MQT
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Baraga Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Lake Effect Snow Watch
Issued: 4:41 AM EST Dec. 6, 2016 – National Weather Service