Wind Advisory, Freeze Warning
4:47 AM EDT
National Weather Service
... Freeze warning remains in effect until 9 am EDT this morning...
... Wind Advisory in effect from 1 am to 10 am EDT Friday...
The National Weather Service in Taunton has issued a Wind
Advisory... which is in effect from 1 am to 10 am EDT Friday.
* Location... Rhode Island away from the coast and southeast
Middlesex County... southern Bristol County... and western
Plymouth County in Massachusetts.
* Temperatures... in the mid 20s to lower 30s through or just after
* Winds... east 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 45 mph tonight into
* timing... temperatures will remain close to or below freezing
through 8 am to 9 am. East winds will increase late tonight and
continue through late Friday morning.
* Impacts... temperatures will be at or below freezing. Sensitive
vegetation may be killed... if left unprotected. Strong winds
tonight into Friday morning may bring down branches along with
isolated power outages.
A freeze warning means sub-freezing temperatures are imminent or
highly likely. These conditions will kill crops and other
A Wind Advisory means that sustained winds of 31 to 39 mph are
expected... with gusts between 46 to 57 mph. Winds this strong are
capable of Downing small tree limbs and branches, possibly
causing isolated power outages. Driving can also be difficult...
especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.