... Flood Warning extended until Wednesday morning... the Flood Warning
the Mississippi River at Red River Landing.
* Until Wednesday morning.
* At 9:00 am Sunday the stage was 48.3 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 48.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river will continue rising to near 48.5 feet by
Tuesday morning. The river will fall below flood stage early
Wednesday morning January 2nd.
* Impact... at 48.0 feet... access roads will be inundated and
evacuation of all river islands must be complete. Protection of
people and property in the river bottom land on the river side of
the levees must be complete.
* Impact... at 46.0 feet... river traffic will become dangerous. A levee
crevasse would flood adjacent farm land. Significant flooding of
Raccourci Island will continue and evacuation of the island is
* Impact... at 45.0 feet... between the 40 and 45 foot stage flooding of
Raccourci Island becomes significant. At the 45 foot stage
evacuation of the island is recommended.
Lat... Lon 3074 9137 3071 9159 3102 9170 3103 9153
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
East Baton Rouge Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 10:50 AM CST Dec. 16, 2018 – National Weather Service