The Flood Warning continues for
the Ouachita River at Monroe.
* Until further notice... or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 11:00 am Wednesday the stage was 44.7 feet.
* Moderate flooding is occurring and moderate flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 40.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river will continue rising to near 44.7 feet by this
afternoon. Additional rises remain possible thereafter.
* Impact... at 45.0 feet... the prairon bayou recreational area floods
and closes. Lowland flooding becomes extensive at this stage
Lat... Lon 3255 9213 3227 9204 3227 9218 3239 9214 3244 9217 3250 9215
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Union Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 11:14 AM CDT Apr. 24, 2019 – National Weather Service
Lake Wind Advisory
Issued: 3:11 AM CDT Apr. 25, 2019 – National Weather Service
... Lake Wind Advisory in effect from 1 PM this afternoon to 6 PM
CDT this evening...
The National Weather Service in Shreveport has issued a lake Wind
Advisory, which is in effect from 1 PM this afternoon to 6 PM CDT
* Event... northwest winds are forecast to increase to around 15 to
20 mph across portions of north Louisiana and East Texas.
* Timing... winds to approach 20 mph around early afternoon and
continue through the 5 PM.
* Impact... boaters on area lakes should exercise caution due to
rough chop from higher winds.
A lake Wind Advisory indicates that winds will cause rough chop
on area lakes. Small boats will be especially prone to capsizing.