The Flood Warning continues for
the Missouri River at Atchison.
* Until Sunday March 31.
* At 10:00 am Wednesday the stage was 29.2 feet.
* Flood stage is 22.0 feet.
* Moderate flooding is occurring and major flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... the river will continue rising to near 31.3 feet by
early Friday afternoon. The river is forecast to remain in major
flooding through Sunday morning. The river is forecast to fall
below flood stage the afternoon of March 30th.
* At 30.0 feet... levee on the Missouri side of the river near river
mile 427 about 4 miles upstream of Atchison is overtopped.
* At 27.0 feet... River Road in Atchison floods and levees on the
Missouri side of the river are overtopped. If the river remains
above 27 feet for several days then U.S. Highway 59 and large
portions of the floodplain in Missouri flood.
* At 25.0 feet... a castings plant in Atchison is affected by flood
* At 22.0 feet... low-lying areas on the Missouri side of the river
begin to flood.
location fs stage day/time forecast
Atchison 22 29.2 Wed 10 am 31.3 early Friday afternoon
lat... Lon 3970 9505 3964 9488 3942 9493 3942 9508 3958 9516
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Atchison Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 11:18 AM CDT Mar. 20, 2019 – National Weather Service