... Heat advisory remains in effect until 8 PM EDT /7 PM CDT/
* temperatures will drop into the middle 70s overnight. Highs
Monday will reach the upper 80s to lower 90s.
* Heat indices will fall into the middle to upper 70s overnight.
Peak heat indices are expected to be around 100 late Monday
morning into the afternoon hours.
* the heat will lead to hazardous conditions particularly for
the elderly,those with preexisting health conditions and
pets. Little in the way of beneficial cooling will occur
overnight in homes without air conditioning.
* Keep in mind that heat indices are in areas with at least
some shading. People in full sunshine could experience heat
indices several degrees warmer.
* Clouds may move into locations north of the Indiana toll Road
Monday afternoon that could bring some localized cooling.
A heat advisory means that a period of hot temperatures is
expected. The combination of hot temperatures and high humidity
will combine to create a situation in which heat illnesses are
possible. Drink plenty of fluids... stay in an air-conditioned
room... stay out of the sun... and check up on relatives and
Temperatures inside a vehicle can be significantly higher than
outside, even with windows open. Make sure not to leave children
or animals in the vehicle as they can be quickly overcome by the
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Elkhart Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 8:22 PM CDT Jun. 17, 2018 – National Weather Service