... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 4 PM EST /3 PM
* lake effect snow showers with blowing and drifting snow will
develop today and expand in coverage and intensity. The more
significant lake effect snow accumulations are expected from
late this afternoon through Friday morning.
* Snow accumulations of 3 to 6 inches possible by late Friday.
Lesser accumulations are expected across the central and
southern portions of La Porte County.
* Wind chills 5 above to 15 above zero.
* snow covered and slippery roads are expected especially from
Thursday evening into Friday.
* Reduced visibility can be expected in the heavier snow
A Winter Weather Advisory for lake effect snow and drifting snow
means that visibilities will be limited due to a combination of
falling and blowing snow. Use caution when traveling...
especially in open areas.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
La Porte Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 9:17 AM CST Dec. 8, 2016 – National Weather Service