Tornado Watch 215 remains in effect until 500 am CDT for the
. Illinois counties included are
Bond Brown Calhoun
Cass Champaign Christian
Clinton Coles Cumberland
De Witt Douglas Edgar
Effingham Fayette Ford
Greene Grundy Iroquois
Jersey Kankakee Livingston
Logan McLean Macon
Macoupin Madison Marion
Mason Menard Monroe
Montgomery Morgan Moultrie
Piatt Pike St. Clair
Sangamon Scott Shelby
Tazewell Vermilion Washington
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
St. Clair Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 11:23 PM CDT May. 22, 2019 – National Weather Service
Issued: 9:51 PM CDT May. 22, 2019 – National Weather Service
The Flood Warning continues for
the Mississippi River at St. Louis
* until further notice.
* At 9:30 PM Wednesday the stage was 36.9 feet.
* Flood stage is 30.0 feet.
* Major flooding is forecast.
* The river is forecast to crest near 41.9 feet by Monday early
* Impact: at 42.0 feet... Riverview Blvd becomes flooded. A panel
floodgate is installed at Riverview Blvd.
* Impact: at 41.0 feet... at this level, St. Louis city installs a
double floodgate at branch street in north St. Louis.
* Impact: at 40.3 feet... with record inflows from the Meramec, this
was the stage at which U.S. Highway 61/67 at Route k west of
Kimmswick was closed in both directions in December 2015.
* Impact: at 40.0 feet... Lemay park just south of Lemay Ferry Road
will begin flooding. The St. Louis metropolitan sewer district
will shut down the Watkins creek pump station in the 11000 block of
Riverview drive in Spanish Lake.
* Impact: at 39.1 feet... Windsor Harbor Road bridge southeast of
Kimmswick begins flooding, isolating residents south of the bridge.
* Impact: at 39.0 feet... the city of Kimmswick, MO begins flooding.
Two more St. Louis floodgates are closed at north Market street
(north St. Louis) and at Barton street on the south side. Near
this height, the Choteau Island Levee is overtopped, affecting 2400
* Impact: at 38.5 feet... Nellie Avenue, south of Lemay Ferry Road
along river Des Peres, begins flooding.
* Impact: at 38.0 feet... the U.S. Coast Guard will consider closing
the St. Louis Harbor to navigation above this level. Four more
floodgates are closed at prairie Avenue, Madison Avenue, mullanphy
street, and the Railroad bed near lesparance street.
* Impact: at 37.5 feet... Highway 61/67 south of Pevely begin flooding
at the Joachim creek bridge within a foot of this level.
* Impact: at 37.0 feet... three more floodgates are closed at this
level: the Missouri Illinois sand company gate in south St. Louis,
the city of St. Louis Railroad gate, and a double gate at east
grand in north St. Louis. Also, with record inflow from the
Meramec in December 2015, Missouri Route k west of Kimmswick was
closed in both directions at Rock Creek near this height.
Fld latest 7 a.M. Forecast
location stg obs stg 05/23 05/24 05/25 05/26 05/27
St. Louis 30.0 36.87 37.6 39.1 40.8 41.5 41.8
Lat... Lon 3881 9017 3883 9004 3826 9030 3826 9043