... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from midnight tonight to
10 am CST Saturday...
* what... freezing rain expected. Total ice accumulations of up to
one tenth of an inch expected.
* Where... portions of east central Iowa and north central and
* When... from midnight tonight to 10 am CST Saturday.
* Additional details... plan on slippery and hazardous Road
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of freezing rain
will cause travel difficulties. Expect slippery roads. Slow down
and use caution while driving.
Additional information can be found at www.Weather.Gov/quadcities
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Putnam Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 2:31 PM CST Feb. 22, 2019 – National Weather Service
High Wind Watch
Issued: 2:53 PM CST Feb. 22, 2019 – National Weather Service
... High wind watch in effect from late Saturday night through
The National Weather Service in Quad Cities has issued a high
wind watch, which is in effect from late Saturday night through
* Winds... west to northwest 30 to 40 mph with gusts to around 55
mph. Isolated higher gusts are possible.
* Timing... Saturday night through Sunday evening.
* Impacts... travel will be difficult, especially on north-south
roads. Lightweight outdoor items will be blown around and tree
damage and power outages will be possible.
A high wind watch means there is the potential for sustained
winds of at least 40 mph, or gusts of 58 mph or stronger to
occur. Monitor the latest forecast for updated information.