The Flood Warning continues for
the Choctawhatchee River near Bruce (sr 20).
* From Tuesday evening, or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 6:45 PM Sunday the stage was 10.2 feet.
* Major flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 13.0 feet.
* Forecast: rise above flood stage by Tuesday evening and continue to
rise to near 16.5 feet by Friday evening. Additional rises are
* Impact: at 16.5 feet: major flooding occurs along the east and west
banks of the choctahatchee river from near the confluence with
Holmes creek to the Gulf of Mexico affecting many homes and fishing
Lat... Lon 3070 8592 3047 8596 3044 8613 3037 8609 3044 8585 3070 8581
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Central Walton Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 7:48 PM CST Jan. 22, 2017 – National Weather Service
Issued: 1:02 AM CST Jan. 23, 2017 – National Weather Service
... Wind Advisory in effect until 4 PM EST /3 PM CST/ this
The National Weather Service in Tallahassee has issued a Wind
Advisory... which is in effect until 4 PM EST /3 PM CST/ this
* Winds... west northwest 25 to 30 mph with occasional gusts to 35
mph through mid afternoon.
* Impacts... minor damage to trees, power lines, and property are
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds
this strong can make driving difficult... especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
Small Craft Advisory
Issued: 10:17 PM CST Jan. 22, 2017 – National Weather Service
... Small Craft Advisory remains in effect until 6 PM CST Monday...
* winds... west 20 to 30 knots becoming northwest with frequent
higher gusts likely.
* Waves... rough.
A Small Craft Advisory means that wind speeds or frequent gusts
of 20 to 33 knots and/or seas of 7 feet or higher are expected to
produce hazardous wave conditions to small craft. Inexperienced
mariners... especially those operating smaller vessels should
avoid navigating in these conditions.