... Winter Storm Watch remains in effect from Monday morning
through Tuesday evening...
* location... the western mosquito and eastern sawatch mountains
above 11000 feet... western Chaffee County between 9000 and 11000
feet... the La Garita and eastern San Juan Mountains above 10000
feet... including Fremont... Monarch... north cochetopa... Wolf
Creek and Cumbres passes.
* Cause and timing... a Pacific storm system will move through the
region Monday through Tuesday evening.
* Snow accumulation... 10 to 14 inches with locally higher amounts
* Wind... southwest 15 to 30 gusting to 50 mph causing areas of
blowing snow and poor visibility.
* Impact... travel will be hazardous due to heavy, blowing snow,
poor visibility and icy or snow covered roads.
This Winter Storm Watch means there is potential for significant
blowing snow. Travel could be seriously impacted. Continue to
monitor the latest forecasts for updates and possible warnings.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Eastern San Juan Mountains Above 10000 Ft Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Storm Watch
Issued: 11:51 AM MST Feb. 26, 2017 – National Weather Service