... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 5 PM MST this
* location... eastern San Juan and La Garita Mountains above
10000 feet... and the Sawatch and mosquito ranges above 11000
feet... including Wolf Creek and Monarch passes.
* Cause and timing... periods of snow will continue today as a
broad Pacific storm system moves across the region. The heaviest
snow is expected to fall late this morning into early afternoon.
* Snow accumulation... additional 2 to 5 inches.
* Wind... west to northwest 15 to 30 mph.
* Impact... roads will remain snowpacked and visibilities poor in
blowing and drifting snow... especially through this morning.
Hazardous travel conditions will be likely over the mountain
passes and avalanche danger will remain high.
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather
conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of snow
are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in an
emergency. If you must travel... keep an extra flashlight...
food... and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
La Garita Mountains Above 10000 Ft Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Storm Warning
Issued: 10:36 AM MST Jan. 24, 2017 – National Weather Service