... Winter Weather Advisory now in effect until 5 PM MST this
* location... Central Lake County... the Sawatch Range between 9000
and 11000 feet... and the upper Rio Grande Valley and eastern
San Juan Mountains below 10000 feet.
* Cause and timing... rounds of snow will continue through today as
a broad Pacific storm system moves across the region. The
heaviest snow is expected to fall through late morning... though
steady light snow is expected to continue through early
* Snow accumulation... additional accumulations of 1 to 3 inches.
* Wind... west to northwest 15 to 30 mph.
* Impact... roads will be slick and snowpacked at times... with
poor visibilities in blowing snow across the exposed areas.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow
will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow
covered roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Leadville Vicinity/Lake County Below 11000 Ft Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 3:14 AM MST Jan. 24, 2017 – National Weather Service