... Red flag warning remains in effect until 6 PM MDT today for
gusty wind and low relative humidity for the High Mountain
Parks... the northern Front Range foothills and nearby plains
... Fire weather zones 211... 213... 214... and 215...
* affected area... fire weather zones 211... 213... 214... 215 and
* Timing... gusty winds will linger through late this afternoon...
with the stronger winds expected across middle and north Parks
and over the Front Range foothills of Larimer and Boulder
counties. Low relative humidity will also linger until early
* Winds... west-southwest 15 to 20 mph with higher gusts up to 30
mph in foothill areas.
* Relative humidity... anywhere from 8 to 16 percent.
* Impacts... the very dry conditions and gusty winds will promote
the rapid growth and spread of any new or existing wildfires.
Open burning is prohibited under red flag conditions.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... .or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Larimer and Boulder Counties Between 6000 and 9000 Feet Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 3:43 PM MDT Oct. 22, 2016 – National Weather Service