... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 6 PM MST this
* locations include the cities of... Telluride... Ouray... Lake
city... Silverton... Rico... Hesperus.
* Timing... periods of snow will continue through this evening.
* Snow accumulation... an additional 3 to 5 inches raising storm
total snowfall to 10 to 20 inches with up to 2 feet on
southwest- facing slopes.
* Winds... west 5 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
* Impacts... mountain roadways will be snow packed with winter
driving conditions continuing through the middle of the week.
Visibilities will be reduced to under a half mile at times
during the heaviest snowfall and from blowing snow.
A Winter Storm Warning means significant amounts of snow are
expected or occurring. Strong winds and blowing snow are also
possible. This will make travel very hazardous or impossible.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Northwestern San Juan Mountains Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Storm Warning
Issued: 8:51 AM MST Jan. 24, 2017 – National Weather Service