... Winter Weather Advisory now in effect until 6 PM MST this
* locations... Rio Blanco... Buford... Trappers Lake.
* Timing... occasional snow showers, moderate to heavy at times,
will continue through this afternoon.
* Snow accumulation... additional 2 to 4 inches today with storm
total snowfall ranging from 6 to 12 inches with locally higher
* Winds... west 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
* Impacts... travel and outdoor recreation will be impacted.
Mountain roads and highways, at higher elevations, will be icy
and snow packed with areas of blowing and drifting snow
reducing visibility to under one mile at times.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow and/or
blowing snow will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities and use caution while
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Flattops Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 8:57 AM MST Feb. 24, 2017 – National Weather Service