... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 7 PM this evening to
1 PM PST Thursday...
The National Weather Service in Medford has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory for snow... sleet... and freezing rain... which is
in effect from 7 PM this evening to 1 PM PST Thursday. The Winter
Storm Watch is no longer in effect.
* Snow accumulations... 4 to 6 inches.
* Ice accumulations... a trace to 0.05 inches.
* Timing... snow will arrive this evening and continue into
Thursday afternoon. The chance for freezing rain and sleet also
begins this evening and persists into Thursday afternoon. Ice
should only occur for an hour or two during that time... but may
last longer in some locations.
* Locations include... Highway 97.
* Impacts... even a small amount of freezing rain and sleet can
produce extremely dangerous conditions on roads and walking
* Impacts... snow will cause travel difficulties on roads.
* View the hazard area in detail at http://weather.Gov/Medford/hazard
* stock emergency kit with tire chains... flashlight...
batteries... blankets... food... water... and medications.
* Plan now to avoid traveling during the storm.
* Slow down and allow extra time to reach your destination.
* Carry tire chains and be prepared for snow covered roads and
* See weather.Gov/Medford/cams for latest Road conditions.
* A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of
snow... sleet... or freezing rain will cause travel difficulties.
Be prepared for slippery roads and limited visibilities and use
caution while driving.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
North Central and Southeast Siskiyou County Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 4:37 PM PST Dec. 7, 2016 – National Weather Service