... Winter Storm Watch in effect from late Sunday night through
* what... heavy snow possible. Total snow accumulations of 4 to 8
inches possible mainly above 4000 feet. Winds could gust as high
as 40 mph in exposed areas.
* Where... Siskiyou County areas above 4000 feet to include
snowmans Summit on Highway 89 and Etna Summit on Sawyers Bar
* When... from late Sunday night through Monday morning.
* Additional details... there is still some uncertainty in timing
of heaviest snowfall and how much roadways will be impacted. If
heaviest snowfall arrives before sunrise, travel could be very
difficult on highways above 4000 feet.
* View the hazard area in detail at
* stock emergency kit with tire chains, flashlight, batteries,
blankets, food, water, and medications.
* The safest place during a winter storm is indoors.
* Plan now to avoid traveling during the storm.
* A Winter Storm Watch means there is potential for significant
snow accumulations that may create dangerous travel.
Visit US at https://www.Weather.Gov/Medford
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
South Central Siskiyou County Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Storm Watch
Issued: 2:09 AM PDT Mar. 23, 2019 – National Weather Service