... Red flag warning remains in effect until 8 PM PDT Tuesday for
strong gusty winds and low humidity...
* location... mountains and foothills below 6,000 feet, the
valleys, and all of Orange County.
* Winds... widespread northeast winds of 25 to 40 mph with gusts to
65 mph early this afternoon. The winds will not be as strong
late this afternoon through Tuesday and not quite as widespread
with winds of 20 to 30 mph with gusts to 45 mph.
* Humidity... 5 to 10 percent this afternoon with poor recovery
tonight. There may be a slight recovery on Tuesday with lowest
humidity around 10 percent.
* Outlook... weaker and less widespread winds Wednesday and
Thursday with a gradual recovery in humidity.
* Impacts... fuels will continue to dry this afternoon through
Tuesday, increasing the fire threat. Outdoor burning should be
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... .or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Riverside County Mountains Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 1:33 PM PDT Oct. 15, 2018 – National Weather Service