... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 6 PM Monday to 5 PM MST
Tuesday above 6500 feet...
The National Weather Service in Tucson has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory for snow, which is in effect from 6 PM Monday to
5 PM MST Tuesday above 6500 feet.
* Impacts... moderate to heavy snow will cause low visibility and
snow covered roads. Expect hazardous driving conditions above 6500
feet. Road restrictions or closures may occur.
* Timing... showers will spread into the area from the west late
Monday afternoon, increasing Monday night into Tuesday.
* Snow accumulations... 6 to 10 inches above 6500 feet, with
locally higher amounts possible above 8000 feet.
* Snow levels... around 7000 feet late Monday afternoon, falling as
low as 6000 feet Tuesday.
* Winds... out of the southwest at 20 to 30 mph with gusts over 40
* For a detailed view of the hazard area... visit
weather.Gov/Tucson and click on the detailed hazards tab
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow are likely
which will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery
roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while driving.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Santa Catalina and Rincon Mountains including Mount Lemmon/Summerhaven Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 9:46 AM MST Feb. 26, 2017 – National Weather Service