... Forecast flooding increased from major to record severity...
... This is a dangerous and life threatening situation...
the Flood Warning continues for
the Arkansas River at Ozark lock and dam.
* Until further notice.
* At 12:00 PM Sunday, the stage was 370.8 feet.
* Major flooding is occurring and record flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 357.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river will continue rising to near 376.5 feet by
Thursday morning and then remain at that level.
* Impact... at 377.0 feet, this is the critical stage for the McLean
* Impact... at 373.0 feet, this is the critical stage for the lower
Hartman bottom levee.
* Impact... at 370.0 feet, this is the highest stage experienced since
the completion of the navigation system in 1969. Highways 309 and
288 northwest of Paris in Logan County are inundated by backwater
up Six Mile creek. Backwater flooding spreads westward into Franklin
County. This will exceed the December 29, 2015 flood when the river
crested at 369.07 feet. This is an extremely dangerous and life
Lat... Lon 3546 9405 3550 9382 3542 9347 3536 9349
3531 9371 3540 9385
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Logan Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 12:45 PM CDT May. 26, 2019 – National Weather Service