... Wind Chill Advisory remains in effect until noon akst today...
... Blizzard Warning remains in effect from noon today to 6 am
* snow... with 5 to 10 inches accumulation possible.
* Blowing snow... reducing visibility to less than one quarter
* Winds... northeast to east 30 to 40 mph gusting near 60 mph.
* Wind chill values... around 55 below.
* Timing... winds will increase Wednesday afternoon and snow will
develop early in the evening with conditions deteriorating to
near whiteout at times Wednesday night before improving
* Impacts... visibility will be very poor and snow will
accumulate into drifts. Whiteout conditions should be
expected. Travel and outdoor activities will be difficult.
A Blizzard Warning means severe winter weather conditions in
blowing snow with strong winds and very poor visibilities are
occurring or expected.
A Wind Chill Advisory means that low wind chills with sustained
wind speeds of 15 mph or more are occurring or expected. If
outdoors, cover exposed skin to prevent frostbite.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
St Lawrence Island and Bering Strait Coast Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Blizzard Warning, Wind Chill Advisory
Issued: 4:46 AM AKST Feb. 22, 2017 – National Weather Service