... Winter Storm Warning in effect from 6 am Saturday to 6 am akst
The National Weather Service in Fairbanks has issued a Winter
Storm Warning for heavy snow and blowing snow which is in effect
from 6 am Saturday to 6 am akst Sunday. The Winter Storm Watch is
no longer in effect.
* Location... north of Cape Krusenstern
* snow... 5 to 10 inches.
* Winds... southeast winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts to 45 mph.
* Visibility... one half mile or less at times.
* Timing... snow and winds will increase Saturday morning with snow
becoming heavy at times Saturday afternoon and evening. The
strongest winds and worst visibilities in blowing snow will
occur Saturday evening and night. Conditions will improve Sunday
* Impacts... visibility will be greatly reduced. Travel and outdoor
activities will be difficult.
A Winter Storm Warning means one or more significant winter
weather hazards are occurring or expected.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Chukchi Sea Coast Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Storm Warning
Issued: 1:54 PM AKST Feb. 24, 2017 – National Weather Service