... Winter Storm Warning in effect from noon today to noon akst
The National Weather Service in Fairbanks has issued a Winter
Storm Warning for wind chill, and local blizzard conditions which
is in effect from noon today to noon akst Friday.
* Winds... south winds 30 to 40 mph with gusts to 60 mph through
the Brooks range passes.
* Visibility... local blizzard conditions with visibility less
than one quarter mile at times especially through the Brooks
* Snow... 3 to 5 inches.
* Wind chill... around 55 below.
* Timing... low wind chill values will improve tonight as
temperatures warm. Winds and snow will increase this afternoon
with the worst visibility and strongest winds expected tonight.
Conditions will improve early Friday as winds and snow diminish.
* Impacts... travel and outdoor activities will be difficult.
A Winter Storm Warning means one or more significant winter
weather hazards are occurring or expected.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Northeastern Brooks Range Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Storm Warning
Issued: 4:18 AM AKST Feb. 23, 2017 – National Weather Service