... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 6 PM this evening to
6 PM akst Sunday...
The National Weather Service in Fairbanks has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory for snow and blowing snow which is in effect
from 6 PM this evening to 6 PM akst Sunday.
* Winds... east winds 15 to 30 mph with gusts to 40 mph.
* Blowing snow... reducing visibility to one half mile or less at
* Snow... additional snowfall of 3 to 5 inches.
* Timing... snow and blowing snow will diminish this morning with
conditions improving through the late morning. Winds and snow
will increase again late this afternoon and early evening with
conditions deteriorating rapidly this evening and remaining
poor through Sunday evening.
* Impacts... visibility will be greatly reduced and snow will
accumulate into drifts. Whiteout conditions may occur. Travel
and outdoor activities will be difficult.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that one or more winter weather
hazards are expected to cause travel difficulties.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Central Beaufort Sea Coast Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 4:00 AM AKST Feb. 25, 2017 – National Weather Service