... Blizzard Warning in effect from 6 am Thursday to midnight akst
The National Weather Service in Fairbanks has issued a Blizzard
Warning which is in effect from 6 am Thursday to midnight akst
Thursday night. The Winter Storm Watch is no longer in effect.
* Wind... east winds 25 to 35 mph with gusts to 60 mph with
strongest gusts near Cape Lisburne.
* Location... south of Wainwright.
* Blowing snow... reducing visibility to one quarter mile or less.
* Winds... east at 30 to 40 mph gusting to 50 mph.
* Snow... 2 to 5 inches.
* Wind chill values... around 55 below.
* Timing... winds increasing early Thursday and conditions
deteriorating with near whiteout conditions through early
evening then improving.
* Impacts... visibility will be very poor and snow will accumulate
into drifts. Whiteout conditions should be expected. Travel and
outdoor activities will be difficult.
A Blizzard Warning means severe winter weather conditions in
blowing snow with strong winds and very poor visibilities are
occurring or expected.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Western Arctic Coast Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 1:44 PM AKST Feb. 22, 2017 – National Weather Service