Wind Chill Advisory, Winter Storm Warning
Statement as of 2:13 PM EST on March 05, 2015
... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 7 PM EST this
... Wind Chill Advisory in effect from midnight tonight to 10 am
The National Weather Service in Baltimore MD/Washington has
issued a Wind Chill Advisory... which is in effect from midnight
tonight to 10 am EST Friday.
* Precipitation types... snow... heavy at times.
* Accumulations... 6 to 10 inches of snow.
* Timing... snow will be heaviest through 4 PM this afternoon.
Snow will end between 5 PM and 7 PM late this afternoon and
* Temperatures... falling through the 20s this afternoon. Lows
tonight into Friday morning in the single digits.
* Wind chill... around 5 to 15 degrees below zero late tonight into
* Winds... north 10 to 15 mph this afternoon... decreasing to 5 to
10 mph late tonight into Friday.
* Impacts... roads will remain snow covered and slippery.
Visibility will be reduced below one-quarter mile at times...
making traveling dangerous. Low wind chills may lead to
frostbite and hypothermia.
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather
conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of snow
are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in an
emergency. If you must travel... keep an extra flashlight...
food... and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.
A Wind Chill Advisory means that very cold air and strong winds
will combine to generate low wind chills. This will result in
frost bite and lead to hypothermia if precautions are not taken.
If you must venture outdoors... make sure you wear a hat and