Weather Radar Maps

Des Moines Radar
NEXRAD Station DMX

View in WunderMap
Zoom:
update in: sec

Animate

Frame Delay

  • Tornado Warning
  • Tornado Watch
  • Severe Thunderstorm Warning
  • Severe Thunderstorm Watch
  • Winter Weather Statement
  • High Wind Advisory
  • Flood Warning
  • Flood Watch / Flood Statement
  • Hurricane Local Statement
  • Heat Advisory
  • Dense Fog Advisory
  • Fire Weather Advisory
  • Hurricane Watch
  • Hurricane Warning
  • Tropical Storm Watch
  • Tropical Storm Warning
  • Special Weather Statement

Doppler Radar Detected Storms

ID Max Top VIL Severe Hail Hail Max Hail Size Speed Direction (from)
N9 63 dBZ 23,000 ft. 31 kg/m² 50% chance 80% chance 0.75 in. 21 knots SSE (151)
B8 63 dBZ 20,000 ft. 27 kg/m² 20% chance 70% chance 0.50 in. 31 knots SSE (150)
Z2 60 dBZ 17,000 ft. 24 kg/m² 0% chance 50% chance <0.50 in. 12 knots S (179)
V3 55 dBZ 20,000 ft. 26 kg/m² 20% chance 80% chance 0.50 in. 25 knots S (183)
H8 54 dBZ 17,000 ft. 14 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 23 knots S (174)
L8 54 dBZ 7,000 ft. 7 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 21 knots SSE (150)
B1 53 dBZ 6,000 ft. 7 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 25 knots SSE (160)
P9 52 dBZ 23,000 ft. 18 kg/m² 10% chance 70% chance 0.50 in. 17 knots SSE (165)
U0 52 dBZ 18,000 ft. 12 kg/m² 0% chance 10% chance <0.50 in. 19 knots SSE (152)
A0 52 dBZ 14,000 ft. 8 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 16 knots SSE (154)
K9 50 dBZ 15,000 ft. 12 kg/m² 0% chance 30% chance <0.50 in. 27 knots SSE (152)
V7 49 dBZ 15,000 ft. 8 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 23 knots SSE (152)
C9 48 dBZ 16,000 ft. 8 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 35 knots SSW (203)
V2 47 dBZ 9,000 ft. 4 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 23 knots S (175)
Z7 46 dBZ 22,000 ft. 10 kg/m² 0% chance 50% chance <0.50 in. 6 knots S (184)
C1 46 dBZ 10,000 ft. 5 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. New Cell
A8 46 dBZ 9,000 ft. 4 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 27 knots S (188)
I6 46 dBZ 9,000 ft. 4 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 33 knots S (175)
H2 46 dBZ 11,000 ft. 3 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. New Cell
Z0 46 dBZ 7,000 ft. 3 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. New Cell
R0 45 dBZ 8,000 ft. 3 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 27 knots SSE (164)
J1 45 dBZ 8,000 ft. 3 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 23 knots S (178)
E2 44 dBZ 11,000 ft. 4 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. New Cell
M0 43 dBZ 16,000 ft. 5 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 29 knots SSE (155)
S5 43 dBZ 13,000 ft. 4 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 14 knots S (184)
L1 43 dBZ 7,000 ft. 3 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 19 knots S (172)
L0 43 dBZ 6,000 ft. 2 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 25 knots SSE (159)
A9 42 dBZ 24,000 ft. 7 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 16 knots S (183)
U7 42 dBZ 18,000 ft. 5 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. New Cell
T0 42 dBZ 13,000 ft. 3 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 33 knots SSW (205)
W8 41 dBZ 11,000 ft. 3 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 16 knots SE (132)
W0 37 dBZ 11,000 ft. 2 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. New Cell
  • Tornado Vortex Signature
  • Mesocyclone
  • Hail