Weather Radar Maps

Morehead City Radar
NEXRAD Station MHX
Save Image

Zoom:
update in: sec

Animate

Frame Delay

  • NEXRAD
  • Current
  • Station Down
  • Tornado Warning
  • Tornado Watch
  • Severe Thunderstorm Warning
  • Severe Thunderstorm Watch
  • Winter Weather Statement
  • High Wind Advisory
  • Flood Warning
  • Flood Watch / Flood Statement
  • Hurricane Local Statement
  • Heat Advisory
  • Dense Fog Advisory
  • Fire Weather Advisory
  • Hurricane Watch
  • Hurricane Warning
  • Tropical Storm Watch
  • Tropical Storm Warning
  • Special Weather Statement

Doppler Radar Detected Storms

ID Max Top VIL Severe Hail Hail Max Hail Size Speed Direction (from)
E2 58 dBZ 45,000 ft. 57 kg/m² 30% chance 100% chance 1.00 in. 43 knots W (262)
L4 57 dBZ 35,000 ft. 44 kg/m² 10% chance 80% chance 0.50 in. 27 knots W (278)
X3 56 dBZ 43,000 ft. 21 kg/m² 30% chance 90% chance 0.75 in. 35 knots WNW (282)
G8 56 dBZ 37,000 ft. 47 kg/m² 10% chance 90% chance 0.75 in. 19 knots WSW (254)
L6 55 dBZ 44,000 ft. 48 kg/m² 20% chance 100% chance 0.75 in. 17 knots WSW (246)
L7 55 dBZ 37,000 ft. 38 kg/m² 0% chance 90% chance 0.50 in. 39 knots W (270)
O8 55 dBZ 32,000 ft. 17 kg/m² 0% chance 70% chance 0.50 in. New Cell
A8 55 dBZ 30,000 ft. 30 kg/m² 0% chance 60% chance <0.50 in. 21 knots W (275)
C8 54 dBZ 29,000 ft. 17 kg/m² 0% chance 80% chance 0.50 in. 35 knots W (262)
P8 53 dBZ 27,000 ft. 12 kg/m² 0% chance 60% chance 0.50 in. New Cell
I7 52 dBZ 37,000 ft. 12 kg/m² 20% chance 90% chance 0.75 in. 23 knots W (278)
J8 52 dBZ 22,000 ft. 20 kg/m² 0% chance 30% chance <0.50 in. 25 knots SW (235)
N8 50 dBZ 33,000 ft. 25 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. New Cell
F8 48 dBZ 45,000 ft. 9 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 29 knots WNW (285)
U6 47 dBZ 35,000 ft. 7 kg/m² 0% chance 80% chance <0.50 in. 19 knots WSW (246)
H8 47 dBZ 54,000 ft. 25 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 35 knots WSW (242)
L8 45 dBZ 18,000 ft. 7 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 23 knots W (267)
Q8 44 dBZ 12,000 ft. 3 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. New Cell
B6 41 dBZ 29,000 ft. 3 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 25 knots W (275)
R8 34 dBZ 17,000 ft. 1 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. New Cell
  • Tornado Vortex Signature
  • Mesocyclone
  • Hail