Weather Radar Maps

Houston-Galveston Radar
NEXRAD Station HGX
Save Image

Zoom:
update in: sec

Animate

Frame Delay

  • TDWR
  • NEXRAD
  • Current
  • Station Down
  • Tornado Warning
  • Tornado Watch
  • Severe Thunderstorm Warning
  • Severe Thunderstorm Watch
  • Winter Weather Statement
  • High Wind Advisory
  • Flood Warning
  • Flood Watch / Flood Statement
  • Hurricane Local Statement
  • Heat Advisory
  • Dense Fog Advisory
  • Fire Weather Advisory
  • Hurricane Watch
  • Hurricane Warning
  • Tropical Storm Watch
  • Tropical Storm Warning
  • Special Weather Statement

Doppler Radar Detected Storms

ID Max Top VIL Severe Hail Hail Max Hail Size Speed Direction (from)
L1 57 dBZ 32,000 ft. 40 kg/m² 20% chance 80% chance 0.75 in. 2 knots NNE (25)
X6 56 dBZ 33,000 ft. 32 kg/m² 0% chance 80% chance 0.50 in. 10 knots ESE (102)
Y4 56 dBZ 24,000 ft. 20 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 16 knots ESE (104)
S0 55 dBZ 26,000 ft. 30 kg/m² 0% chance 30% chance <0.50 in. 21 knots WSW (258)
I5 54 dBZ 16,000 ft. 20 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 4 knots E (95)
L2 53 dBZ 30,000 ft. 25 kg/m² 0% chance 60% chance <0.50 in. 8 knots WNW (289)
S5 53 dBZ 28,000 ft. 22 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 16 knots N (349)
I7 53 dBZ 22,000 ft. 18 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 8 knots ENE (71)
U1 52 dBZ 32,000 ft. 24 kg/m² 0% chance 60% chance <0.50 in. 8 knots ENE (68)
T5 52 dBZ 31,000 ft. 22 kg/m² 0% chance 20% chance <0.50 in. 6 knots N (350)
S7 52 dBZ 24,000 ft. 6 kg/m² 0% chance 20% chance <0.50 in. New Cell
W9 51 dBZ 20,000 ft. 15 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 6 knots E (81)
Q7 51 dBZ 20,000 ft. 15 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 10 knots WSW (238)
F3 51 dBZ 17,000 ft. 15 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 19 knots ENE (74)
J0 51 dBZ 21,000 ft. 12 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 14 knots S (183)
V6 50 dBZ 26,000 ft. 4 kg/m² 0% chance 30% chance <0.50 in. New Cell
V8 50 dBZ 26,000 ft. 19 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 23 knots SSW (194)
V5 50 dBZ 22,000 ft. 15 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 14 knots E (92)
Q2 50 dBZ 21,000 ft. 15 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 6 knots NNE (14)
O0 50 dBZ 23,000 ft. 14 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 12 knots SE (124)
P2 50 dBZ 13,000 ft. 11 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 14 knots SSE (155)
D2 49 dBZ 19,000 ft. 13 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 12 knots WNW (289)
T0 49 dBZ 23,000 ft. 11 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 8 knots SE (144)
S3 48 dBZ 18,000 ft. 10 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 10 knots E (101)
I6 48 dBZ 19,000 ft. 10 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. New Cell
B0 47 dBZ 50,000 ft. 21 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 8 knots ENE (78)
X3 47 dBZ 26,000 ft. 13 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 4 knots WNW (303)
W1 47 dBZ 29,000 ft. 12 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 16 knots E (92)
K2 47 dBZ 25,000 ft. 11 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 19 knots WSW (250)
B5 46 dBZ 27,000 ft. 11 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 8 knots W (276)
B4 46 dBZ 21,000 ft. 10 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 8 knots SSW (208)
J7 45 dBZ 30,000 ft. 11 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. New Cell
  • Tornado Vortex Signature
  • Mesocyclone
  • Hail