Weather Radar

Frederick Radar
NEXRAD Station FDR
Save Image
Share

Zoom:
update in: sec

Animate

Frame Delay

  • NEXRAD
  • Current
  • Station Down
  • Tornado Warning
  • Tornado Watch
  • Severe Thunderstorm Warning
  • Severe Thunderstorm Watch
  • Winter Weather Statement
  • High Wind Advisory
  • Flood Warning
  • Flood Watch / Flood Statement
  • Hurricane Local Statement
  • Heat Advisory
  • Dense Fog Advisory
  • Fire Weather Advisory
  • Hurricane Watch
  • Hurricane Warning
  • Tropical Storm Watch
  • Tropical Storm Warning
  • Special Weather Statement

Doppler Radar Detected Storms

ID Max Top VIL Severe Hail Hail Max Hail Size Speed Direction (from)
S0 67 dBZ 30,000 ft. 51 kg/m² 60% chance 100% chance 1.25 in. 21 knots SW (230)
O1 57 dBZ 24,000 ft. 34 kg/m² 20% chance 80% chance 0.50 in. 35 knots W (269)
G5 56 dBZ 26,000 ft. 37 kg/m² 20% chance 90% chance 0.75 in. 27 knots SSW (206)
H3 55 dBZ 27,000 ft. 22 kg/m² 0% chance 50% chance <0.50 in. 43 knots WSW (242)
K4 55 dBZ 17,000 ft. 15 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 31 knots WSW (247)
C4 54 dBZ 30,000 ft. 28 kg/m² 0% chance 80% chance 0.50 in. 33 knots WSW (245)
S4 53 dBZ 25,000 ft. 16 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 23 knots SW (219)
Y4 52 dBZ 22,000 ft. 19 kg/m² 0% chance 50% chance <0.50 in. 29 knots WSW (240)
P5 50 dBZ 24,000 ft. 17 kg/m² 0% chance 80% chance <0.50 in. 29 knots WSW (251)
X4 49 dBZ 13,000 ft. 8 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 41 knots WSW (244)
O5 47 dBZ 22,000 ft. 3 kg/m² 0% chance 20% chance <0.50 in. New Cell
J1 46 dBZ 13,000 ft. 6 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 19 knots WSW (242)
U5 46 dBZ 20,000 ft. 4 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. New Cell
R5 44 dBZ 13,000 ft. 2 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. New Cell
C1 40 dBZ 16,000 ft. 3 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 27 knots WSW (250)
K2 39 dBZ 9,000 ft. 2 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 39 knots WSW (239)
  • Tornado Vortex Signature
  • Mesocyclone
  • Hail