Weather Radar Maps

Frederick Radar
NEXRAD Station FDR

View in WunderMap
Zoom:
update in: sec

Animate

Frame Delay

  • Tornado Warning
  • Tornado Watch
  • Severe Thunderstorm Warning
  • Severe Thunderstorm Watch
  • Winter Weather Statement
  • High Wind Advisory
  • Flood Warning
  • Flood Watch / Flood Statement
  • Hurricane Local Statement
  • Heat Advisory
  • Dense Fog Advisory
  • Fire Weather Advisory
  • Hurricane Watch
  • Hurricane Warning
  • Tropical Storm Watch
  • Tropical Storm Warning
  • Special Weather Statement

Doppler Radar Detected Storms

ID Max Top VIL Severe Hail Hail Max Hail Size Speed Direction (from)
F5 71 dBZ 41,000 ft. 69 kg/m² 100% chance 100% chance 2.50 in. 14 knots W (278)
O6 68 dBZ 33,000 ft. 47 kg/m² 70% chance 100% chance 1.50 in. 16 knots WSW (241)
I5 67 dBZ 29,000 ft. 46 kg/m² 60% chance 100% chance 1.25 in. 35 knots SW (224)
D7 64 dBZ 45,000 ft. 67 kg/m² 90% chance 100% chance 2.25 in. 14 knots WSW (242)
S4 64 dBZ 35,000 ft. 47 kg/m² 50% chance 100% chance 1.00 in. 17 knots SW (224)
E8 63 dBZ 33,000 ft. 60 kg/m² 80% chance 100% chance 1.75 in. 27 knots SW (227)
D8 63 dBZ 35,000 ft. 59 kg/m² 70% chance 100% chance 1.50 in. 25 knots SW (229)
T8 63 dBZ 32,000 ft. 50 kg/m² 70% chance 100% chance 1.50 in. 19 knots WSW (240)
M9 63 dBZ 24,000 ft. 36 kg/m² 20% chance 80% chance 0.75 in. 37 knots SW (218)
G4 62 dBZ 39,000 ft. 69 kg/m² 90% chance 100% chance 2.25 in. 6 knots SW (231)
G7 62 dBZ 43,000 ft. 47 kg/m² 80% chance 100% chance 2.00 in. 21 knots SW (227)
Q9 61 dBZ 43,000 ft. 67 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 21 knots SW (218)
N5 61 dBZ 37,000 ft. 58 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 27 knots SW (216)
V5 60 dBZ 34,000 ft. 42 kg/m² 40% chance 100% chance 1.00 in. 43 knots WSW (237)
P7 60 dBZ 22,000 ft. 33 kg/m² 0% chance 40% chance <0.50 in. 19 knots SW (222)
C0 60 dBZ 44,000 ft. 60 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. New Cell
C2 59 dBZ 41,000 ft. 52 kg/m² 50% chance 100% chance 1.25 in. 6 knots SW (228)
Q4 59 dBZ 33,000 ft. 55 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 21 knots SW (223)
O8 58 dBZ 23,000 ft. 26 kg/m² 30% chance 80% chance 0.75 in. 21 knots SW (221)
S9 58 dBZ 40,000 ft. 65 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 21 knots SW (226)
L9 57 dBZ 19,000 ft. 32 kg/m² 0% chance 50% chance 0.50 in. 33 knots SW (218)
M6 57 dBZ 44,000 ft. 62 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 17 knots SW (217)
O4 55 dBZ 29,000 ft. 27 kg/m² 0% chance 70% chance <0.50 in. 14 knots SSW (207)
R8 55 dBZ 45,000 ft. 59 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 25 knots SW (235)
Y7 54 dBZ 42,000 ft. 52 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 27 knots SSW (211)
L8 54 dBZ 37,000 ft. 44 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 19 knots WNW (285)
U7 53 dBZ 18,000 ft. 17 kg/m² 0% chance 40% chance <0.50 in. 16 knots SW (227)
J7 52 dBZ 28,000 ft. 20 kg/m² 0% chance 90% chance 0.50 in. 25 knots WSW (239)
O9 52 dBZ 24,000 ft. 6 kg/m² 0% chance 70% chance 0.50 in. 43 knots WSW (248)
C5 52 dBZ 44,000 ft. 44 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 17 knots SW (227)
F0 49 dBZ 36,000 ft. 9 kg/m² 10% chance 100% chance 0.50 in. New Cell
G0 46 dBZ 25,000 ft. 9 kg/m² 0% chance 90% chance <0.50 in. New Cell
  • Tornado Vortex Signature
  • Mesocyclone
  • Hail