Weather Radar Maps

Frederick Radar
NEXRAD Station FDR

View in WunderMap
Zoom:
update in: sec

Animate

Frame Delay

  • Tornado Warning
  • Tornado Watch
  • Severe Thunderstorm Warning
  • Severe Thunderstorm Watch
  • Winter Weather Statement
  • High Wind Advisory
  • Flood Warning
  • Flood Watch / Flood Statement
  • Hurricane Local Statement
  • Heat Advisory
  • Dense Fog Advisory
  • Fire Weather Advisory
  • Hurricane Watch
  • Hurricane Warning
  • Tropical Storm Watch
  • Tropical Storm Warning
  • Special Weather Statement

Doppler Radar Detected Storms

ID Max Top VIL Severe Hail Hail Max Hail Size Speed Direction (from)
Y9 63 dBZ 52,000 ft. 83 kg/m² 100% chance 100% chance 2.75 in. 2 knots NNW (343)
H0 63 dBZ 50,000 ft. 76 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 8 knots SW (221)
M8 60 dBZ 46,000 ft. 68 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 4 knots NNW (336)
Y7 60 dBZ 45,000 ft. 67 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 6 knots WNW (282)
W6 59 dBZ 44,000 ft. 55 kg/m² 40% chance 100% chance 1.00 in. 8 knots WSW (248)
I0 58 dBZ 40,000 ft. 51 kg/m² 40% chance 100% chance 1.00 in. 12 knots SSW (199)
L7 58 dBZ 45,000 ft. 62 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 6 knots SW (225)
Y0 58 dBZ 44,000 ft. 62 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 6 knots WNW (291)
N9 57 dBZ 37,000 ft. 44 kg/m² 40% chance 100% chance 1.00 in. 35 knots S (187)
X5 56 dBZ 27,000 ft. 36 kg/m² 0% chance 80% chance 0.50 in. 25 knots WSW (243)
E1 54 dBZ 35,000 ft. 10 kg/m² 40% chance 100% chance 1.00 in. 19 knots SSE (159)
V9 53 dBZ 25,000 ft. 26 kg/m² 10% chance 90% chance 0.50 in. 17 knots SW (223)
D0 52 dBZ 20,000 ft. 17 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 12 knots S (183)
R7 52 dBZ 31,000 ft. 31 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 8 knots WNW (302)
D1 51 dBZ 29,000 ft. 18 kg/m² 0% chance 40% chance <0.50 in. 14 knots SW (222)
I1 51 dBZ 32,000 ft. 24 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. New Cell
I6 51 dBZ 35,000 ft. 22 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 21 knots W (262)
N1 50 dBZ 33,000 ft. 19 kg/m² 0% chance 60% chance <0.50 in. 19 knots SW (220)
B0 50 dBZ 23,000 ft. 18 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 10 knots SSE (163)
A0 49 dBZ 18,000 ft. 12 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 25 knots SSW (196)
X0 48 dBZ 22,000 ft. 12 kg/m² 0% chance 10% chance <0.50 in. New Cell
L8 47 dBZ 31,000 ft. 16 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 16 knots WNW (286)
C1 47 dBZ 20,000 ft. 9 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 16 knots NW (306)
L1 45 dBZ 22,000 ft. 9 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 23 knots SSW (204)
N0 44 dBZ 23,000 ft. 8 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 21 knots WSW (252)
W5 44 dBZ 22,000 ft. 8 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 29 knots NW (315)
E9 43 dBZ 20,000 ft. 5 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 19 knots W (275)
L0 38 dBZ 16,000 ft. 1 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. New Cell
O1 37 dBZ 15,000 ft. 2 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. New Cell
  • Tornado Vortex Signature
  • Mesocyclone
  • Hail