Weather Radar Maps

Frederick Radar
NEXRAD Station FDR

View in WunderMap
Zoom:
update in: sec

Animate

Frame Delay

  • Tornado Warning
  • Tornado Watch
  • Severe Thunderstorm Warning
  • Severe Thunderstorm Watch
  • Winter Weather Statement
  • High Wind Advisory
  • Flood Warning
  • Flood Watch / Flood Statement
  • Hurricane Local Statement
  • Heat Advisory
  • Dense Fog Advisory
  • Fire Weather Advisory
  • Hurricane Watch
  • Hurricane Warning
  • Tropical Storm Watch
  • Tropical Storm Warning
  • Special Weather Statement

Doppler Radar Detected Storms

ID Max Top VIL Severe Hail Hail Max Hail Size Speed Direction (from)
M2 65 dBZ 24,000 ft. 39 kg/m² 50% chance 70% chance 1.25 in. 10 knots W (264)
T3 62 dBZ 41,000 ft. 48 kg/m² 40% chance 100% chance 1.00 in. 0 knots W (262)
A4 62 dBZ 46,000 ft. 48 kg/m² 20% chance 100% chance 0.75 in. 19 knots W (277)
M4 61 dBZ 39,000 ft. 43 kg/m² 10% chance 50% chance 0.75 in. 4 knots ENE (63)
V5 59 dBZ 29,000 ft. 31 kg/m² 0% chance 70% chance 0.50 in. 31 knots NNE (33)
L5 59 dBZ 22,000 ft. 31 kg/m² 0% chance 40% chance 0.50 in. 10 knots ENE (67)
K5 58 dBZ 34,000 ft. 45 kg/m² 10% chance 90% chance 0.50 in. New Cell
V2 57 dBZ 25,000 ft. 30 kg/m² 10% chance 70% chance 0.75 in. 8 knots NNE (28)
Y4 57 dBZ 32,000 ft. 31 kg/m² 0% chance 10% chance <0.50 in. 8 knots WNW (300)
X4 56 dBZ 41,000 ft. 47 kg/m² 0% chance 100% chance 0.50 in. 6 knots E (85)
T2 56 dBZ 45,000 ft. 44 kg/m² 0% chance 90% chance 0.50 in. 12 knots NNE (29)
K3 56 dBZ 33,000 ft. 39 kg/m² 0% chance 80% chance 0.50 in. 12 knots NE (50)
Q9 56 dBZ 8,000 ft. 11 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 16 knots NW (312)
E5 55 dBZ 30,000 ft. 33 kg/m² 0% chance 80% chance 0.50 in. 6 knots NE (55)
T1 55 dBZ 44,000 ft. 30 kg/m² 0% chance 60% chance <0.50 in. 4 knots W (275)
S3 55 dBZ 28,000 ft. 27 kg/m² 0% chance 60% chance 0.50 in. 12 knots SSW (192)
T5 55 dBZ 25,000 ft. 13 kg/m² 0% chance 40% chance 0.50 in. 21 knots E (88)
N5 55 dBZ 18,000 ft. 13 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 2 knots NNE (32)
I4 54 dBZ 24,000 ft. 24 kg/m² 0% chance 70% chance <0.50 in. 6 knots NNE (24)
U5 54 dBZ 19,000 ft. 13 kg/m² 0% chance 10% chance <0.50 in. 6 knots NNW (347)
S4 54 dBZ 43,000 ft. 33 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 8 knots WNW (288)
U3 54 dBZ 17,000 ft. 16 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 4 knots SSW (207)
S1 53 dBZ 20,000 ft. 14 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 10 knots WNW (287)
L2 52 dBZ 29,000 ft. 21 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 14 knots WSW (247)
B5 52 dBZ 16,000 ft. 15 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 8 knots NE (55)
O3 52 dBZ 20,000 ft. 14 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 10 knots NNW (327)
I5 51 dBZ 17,000 ft. 13 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 2 knots NNW (331)
K4 51 dBZ 20,000 ft. 12 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 2 knots SE (146)
U0 50 dBZ 18,000 ft. 12 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 10 knots W (272)
Z2 49 dBZ 18,000 ft. 11 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 8 knots NE (45)
E6 48 dBZ 21,000 ft. 6 kg/m² 0% chance 40% chance <0.50 in. New Cell
P2 47 dBZ 32,000 ft. 13 kg/m² 0% chance 20% chance <0.50 in. 4 knots W (271)
  • Tornado Vortex Signature
  • Mesocyclone
  • Hail