Weather Radar Maps

Frederick Radar
NEXRAD Station FDR

View in WunderMap
Zoom:
update in: sec

Animate

Frame Delay

  • Tornado Warning
  • Tornado Watch
  • Severe Thunderstorm Warning
  • Severe Thunderstorm Watch
  • Winter Weather Statement
  • High Wind Advisory
  • Flood Warning
  • Flood Watch / Flood Statement
  • Hurricane Local Statement
  • Heat Advisory
  • Dense Fog Advisory
  • Fire Weather Advisory
  • Hurricane Watch
  • Hurricane Warning
  • Tropical Storm Watch
  • Tropical Storm Warning
  • Special Weather Statement

Doppler Radar Detected Storms

ID Max Top VIL Severe Hail Hail Max Hail Size Speed Direction (from)
S4 62 dBZ 30,000 ft. 46 kg/m² 40% chance 100% chance 0.75 in. 47 knots SSW (202)
L3 59 dBZ 27,000 ft. 41 kg/m² 20% chance 90% chance 0.75 in. 31 knots WSW (242)
G3 56 dBZ 33,000 ft. 41 kg/m² 20% chance 90% chance 0.50 in. 43 knots SW (214)
X5 56 dBZ 24,000 ft. 32 kg/m² 0% chance 60% chance 0.50 in. New Cell
X3 55 dBZ 29,000 ft. 13 kg/m² 20% chance 90% chance 0.50 in. 33 knots SSW (195)
I5 55 dBZ 26,000 ft. 27 kg/m² 0% chance 40% chance <0.50 in. 43 knots SSW (194)
B1 54 dBZ 25,000 ft. 22 kg/m² 0% chance 50% chance <0.50 in. 49 knots SSW (203)
K4 53 dBZ 21,000 ft. 18 kg/m² 0% chance 20% chance <0.50 in. 45 knots SW (221)
J5 51 dBZ 27,000 ft. 18 kg/m² 0% chance 60% chance <0.50 in. 17 knots SSW (192)
Z5 50 dBZ 31,000 ft. 6 kg/m² 10% chance 90% chance 0.50 in. New Cell
O6 50 dBZ 25,000 ft. 16 kg/m² 0% chance 40% chance <0.50 in. New Cell
V4 50 dBZ 22,000 ft. 13 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 31 knots SSW (197)
N5 50 dBZ 15,000 ft. 10 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 33 knots SSW (193)
G6 49 dBZ 22,000 ft. 11 kg/m² 0% chance 70% chance <0.50 in. New Cell
B6 49 dBZ 30,000 ft. 19 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. New Cell
G5 49 dBZ 19,000 ft. 10 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 56 knots SSW (200)
U5 49 dBZ 15,000 ft. 9 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 41 knots SSW (194)
D4 49 dBZ 13,000 ft. 8 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 45 knots SSW (199)
T4 48 dBZ 23,000 ft. 12 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 37 knots SSW (202)
Z4 48 dBZ 13,000 ft. 9 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 56 knots SW (223)
U4 47 dBZ 37,000 ft. 17 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 25 knots SSW (213)
Q5 47 dBZ 33,000 ft. 15 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 23 knots SSW (200)
C6 46 dBZ 14,000 ft. 6 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 33 knots SW (218)
I6 44 dBZ 30,000 ft. 10 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. New Cell
Y3 44 dBZ 27,000 ft. 8 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 37 knots SSW (202)
Q6 43 dBZ 26,000 ft. 8 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. New Cell
T3 42 dBZ 32,000 ft. 9 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 33 knots SW (214)
S5 42 dBZ 16,000 ft. 5 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 27 knots SSW (192)
W3 42 dBZ 27,000 ft. 2 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 56 knots SSW (207)
A6 38 dBZ 17,000 ft. 2 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 41 knots S (184)
  • Tornado Vortex Signature
  • Mesocyclone
  • Hail