Weather Radar Maps

Roanoke Radar
NEXRAD Station FCX

View in WunderMap
Zoom:
update in: sec

Animate

Frame Delay

  • Tornado Warning
  • Tornado Watch
  • Severe Thunderstorm Warning
  • Severe Thunderstorm Watch
  • Winter Weather Statement
  • High Wind Advisory
  • Flood Warning
  • Flood Watch / Flood Statement
  • Hurricane Local Statement
  • Heat Advisory
  • Dense Fog Advisory
  • Fire Weather Advisory
  • Hurricane Watch
  • Hurricane Warning
  • Tropical Storm Watch
  • Tropical Storm Warning
  • Special Weather Statement

Doppler Radar Detected Storms

ID Max Top VIL Severe Hail Hail Max Hail Size Speed Direction (from)
L3 62 dBZ 19,000 ft. 31 kg/m² 20% chance 70% chance 0.50 in. 10 knots SW (232)
S4 60 dBZ 19,000 ft. 30 kg/m² 20% chance 70% chance 0.50 in. 0 knots WSW (257)
R3 55 dBZ 26,000 ft. 29 kg/m² 20% chance 80% chance 0.50 in. 17 knots SSW (208)
L4 55 dBZ 12,000 ft. 14 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 2 knots WNW (291)
T4 54 dBZ 19,000 ft. 24 kg/m² 10% chance 70% chance 0.50 in. 8 knots WNW (294)
P2 54 dBZ 11,000 ft. 11 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 8 knots WNW (288)
I4 54 dBZ 12,000 ft. 11 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 19 knots SSW (208)
S3 54 dBZ 10,000 ft. 8 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 0 knots N (2)
Z4 53 dBZ 15,000 ft. 17 kg/m² 0% chance 30% chance <0.50 in. 16 knots SSW (206)
Q4 53 dBZ 16,000 ft. 18 kg/m² 0% chance 20% chance <0.50 in. 6 knots SW (226)
K3 53 dBZ 12,000 ft. 10 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 4 knots WNW (290)
A4 53 dBZ 10,000 ft. 8 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 4 knots N (4)
C5 53 dBZ 7,000 ft. 5 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. New Cell
D5 53 dBZ 9,000 ft. 3 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. New Cell
Y4 52 dBZ 11,000 ft. 9 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 16 knots E (97)
Z3 52 dBZ 8,000 ft. 8 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 2 knots WNW (302)
T3 51 dBZ 28,000 ft. 21 kg/m² 10% chance 80% chance 0.50 in. 17 knots WSW (244)
X4 50 dBZ 11,000 ft. 9 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 33 knots SSW (202)
W2 50 dBZ 9,000 ft. 6 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 8 knots WSW (250)
K4 50 dBZ 3,000 ft. 3 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 4 knots S (180)
R4 49 dBZ 20,000 ft. 14 kg/m² 0% chance 60% chance <0.50 in. 4 knots S (169)
J4 49 dBZ 15,000 ft. 8 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 14 knots N (357)
V2 49 dBZ 6,000 ft. 4 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 6 knots N (11)
E5 44 dBZ 28,000 ft. 3 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. New Cell
X3 43 dBZ 7,000 ft. 1 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 6 knots SSW (204)
W4 40 dBZ 20,000 ft. 4 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 4 knots SW (234)
A5 38 dBZ 7,000 ft. 1 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 6 knots SSW (198)
G5 37 dBZ 12,000 ft. 1 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. New Cell
F5 36 dBZ 10,000 ft. 1 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. New Cell
  • Tornado Vortex Signature
  • Mesocyclone
  • Hail