Weather Radar Maps

Des Moines Radar
NEXRAD Station DMX

View in WunderMap
Zoom:
update in: sec

Animate

Frame Delay

  • Tornado Warning
  • Tornado Watch
  • Severe Thunderstorm Warning
  • Severe Thunderstorm Watch
  • Winter Weather Statement
  • High Wind Advisory
  • Flood Warning
  • Flood Watch / Flood Statement
  • Hurricane Local Statement
  • Heat Advisory
  • Dense Fog Advisory
  • Fire Weather Advisory
  • Hurricane Watch
  • Hurricane Warning
  • Tropical Storm Watch
  • Tropical Storm Warning
  • Special Weather Statement

Doppler Radar Detected Storms

ID Max Top VIL Severe Hail Hail Max Hail Size Speed Direction (from)
D2 61 dBZ 45,000 ft. 53 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 43 knots W (266)
J0 59 dBZ 50,000 ft. 65 kg/m² 60% chance 100% chance 1.25 in. 12 knots NW (321)
K2 58 dBZ 41,000 ft. 60 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 35 knots W (280)
B2 57 dBZ 38,000 ft. 50 kg/m² 40% chance 100% chance 1.00 in. 25 knots NW (318)
Z1 57 dBZ 39,000 ft. 40 kg/m² 10% chance 100% chance 0.50 in. 29 knots NNW (336)
Z2 57 dBZ 25,000 ft. 36 kg/m² 10% chance 90% chance 0.50 in. 19 knots W (281)
B3 56 dBZ 28,000 ft. 31 kg/m² 10% chance 90% chance 0.50 in. 19 knots NW (307)
D3 55 dBZ 12,000 ft. 18 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. New Cell
F2 54 dBZ 21,000 ft. 22 kg/m² 0% chance 40% chance <0.50 in. 21 knots NNW (333)
R1 54 dBZ 21,000 ft. 19 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 10 knots NNW (347)
Y2 51 dBZ 13,000 ft. 9 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 17 knots NNW (332)
I2 44 dBZ 33,000 ft. 11 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 21 knots WNW (285)
E3 32 dBZ 20,000 ft. 1 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. New Cell
  • Tornado Vortex Signature
  • Mesocyclone
  • Hail