Weather Radar Maps

Des Moines Radar
NEXRAD Station DMX
Save Image

Zoom:
update in: sec

Animate

Frame Delay

  • NEXRAD
  • Current
  • Station Down
  • Tornado Warning
  • Tornado Watch
  • Severe Thunderstorm Warning
  • Severe Thunderstorm Watch
  • Winter Weather Statement
  • High Wind Advisory
  • Flood Warning
  • Flood Watch / Flood Statement
  • Hurricane Local Statement
  • Heat Advisory
  • Dense Fog Advisory
  • Fire Weather Advisory
  • Hurricane Watch
  • Hurricane Warning
  • Tropical Storm Watch
  • Tropical Storm Warning
  • Special Weather Statement

Doppler Radar Detected Storms

ID Max Top VIL Severe Hail Hail Max Hail Size Speed Direction (from)
W6 60 dBZ 23,000 ft. 36 kg/m² 0% chance 70% chance 0.50 in. 23 knots SW (226)
Q3 59 dBZ 21,000 ft. 27 kg/m² 0% chance 40% chance <0.50 in. 31 knots SW (216)
V2 57 dBZ 33,000 ft. 40 kg/m² 0% chance 70% chance 0.50 in. 21 knots SW (234)
M3 57 dBZ 31,000 ft. 33 kg/m² 0% chance 60% chance 0.50 in. 23 knots SW (227)
Y9 56 dBZ 26,000 ft. 32 kg/m² 0% chance 40% chance <0.50 in. 31 knots SW (220)
I5 56 dBZ 19,000 ft. 20 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 21 knots WSW (245)
B5 55 dBZ 28,000 ft. 37 kg/m² 10% chance 90% chance 0.75 in. 19 knots WSW (242)
Z9 55 dBZ 30,000 ft. 37 kg/m² 0% chance 90% chance 0.50 in. 25 knots SW (232)
P9 54 dBZ 25,000 ft. 30 kg/m² 0% chance 80% chance 0.50 in. 37 knots W (271)
M9 54 dBZ 28,000 ft. 14 kg/m² 0% chance 70% chance <0.50 in. New Cell
W5 54 dBZ 24,000 ft. 21 kg/m² 0% chance 30% chance <0.50 in. 23 knots SW (222)
C8 53 dBZ 13,000 ft. 13 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 23 knots WSW (239)
M0 52 dBZ 22,000 ft. 20 kg/m² 0% chance 30% chance <0.50 in. 31 knots SW (236)
N4 52 dBZ 18,000 ft. 14 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 23 knots WSW (248)
T9 51 dBZ 22,000 ft. 14 kg/m² 0% chance 30% chance <0.50 in. 17 knots SW (216)
N1 50 dBZ 31,000 ft. 23 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. New Cell
B2 49 dBZ 22,000 ft. 5 kg/m² 0% chance 60% chance <0.50 in. New Cell
Q1 49 dBZ 20,000 ft. 10 kg/m² 0% chance 30% chance <0.50 in. New Cell
Y8 49 dBZ 27,000 ft. 19 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 31 knots WSW (249)
R8 49 dBZ 31,000 ft. 19 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 47 knots W (267)
H8 49 dBZ 30,000 ft. 18 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. New Cell
T0 49 dBZ 22,000 ft. 11 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. New Cell
K0 48 dBZ 21,000 ft. 12 kg/m² 0% chance 50% chance <0.50 in. New Cell
Y0 48 dBZ 21,000 ft. 11 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 29 knots SW (234)
B1 47 dBZ 30,000 ft. 15 kg/m² 0% chance 70% chance <0.50 in. 72 knots W (276)
J8 47 dBZ 33,000 ft. 16 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 35 knots S (180)
Q0 47 dBZ 33,000 ft. 16 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 19 knots SW (232)
P0 46 dBZ 22,000 ft. 11 kg/m² 0% chance 10% chance <0.50 in. 29 knots W (263)
L1 46 dBZ 29,000 ft. 12 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 25 knots SSW (198)
Q8 46 dBZ 25,000 ft. 11 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 23 knots WSW (256)
Y2 45 dBZ 39,000 ft. 13 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 19 knots SW (235)
I6 44 dBZ 31,000 ft. 10 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 14 knots W (268)
  • Tornado Vortex Signature
  • Mesocyclone
  • Hail