Weather Radar Maps

Des Moines Radar
NEXRAD Station DMX
Save Image

Zoom:
update in: sec

Animate

Frame Delay

  • NEXRAD
  • Current
  • Station Down
  • Tornado Warning
  • Tornado Watch
  • Severe Thunderstorm Warning
  • Severe Thunderstorm Watch
  • Winter Weather Statement
  • High Wind Advisory
  • Flood Warning
  • Flood Watch / Flood Statement
  • Hurricane Local Statement
  • Heat Advisory
  • Dense Fog Advisory
  • Fire Weather Advisory
  • Hurricane Watch
  • Hurricane Warning
  • Tropical Storm Watch
  • Tropical Storm Warning
  • Special Weather Statement

Doppler Radar Detected Storms

ID Max Top VIL Severe Hail Hail Max Hail Size Speed Direction (from)
S5 64 dBZ 39,000 ft. 61 kg/m² 60% chance 100% chance 1.50 in. 25 knots W (259)
K6 60 dBZ 36,000 ft. 42 kg/m² 40% chance 90% chance 1.00 in. 27 knots W (269)
X6 60 dBZ 44,000 ft. 64 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 19 knots W (260)
L7 59 dBZ 36,000 ft. 32 kg/m² 0% chance 70% chance 0.50 in. 29 knots W (260)
Q6 58 dBZ 27,000 ft. 41 kg/m² 20% chance 90% chance 0.75 in. 35 knots W (262)
A6 58 dBZ 31,000 ft. 34 kg/m² 0% chance 40% chance <0.50 in. 17 knots W (266)
F5 57 dBZ 32,000 ft. 45 kg/m² 20% chance 90% chance 0.75 in. 19 knots W (268)
T7 56 dBZ 27,000 ft. 26 kg/m² 0% chance 70% chance <0.50 in. 19 knots W (266)
R2 55 dBZ 48,000 ft. 36 kg/m² 0% chance 80% chance 0.50 in. 19 knots WNW (289)
V7 54 dBZ 37,000 ft. 31 kg/m² 10% chance 90% chance 0.75 in. 16 knots W (266)
B5 54 dBZ 43,000 ft. 26 kg/m² 0% chance 40% chance <0.50 in. 19 knots W (259)
E7 52 dBZ 27,000 ft. 17 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 16 knots W (268)
R3 51 dBZ 16,000 ft. 9 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 33 knots WNW (284)
G6 49 dBZ 18,000 ft. 11 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 37 knots W (273)
Q8 49 dBZ 12,000 ft. 4 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. New Cell
V6 48 dBZ 15,000 ft. 7 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 25 knots W (277)
L6 48 dBZ 17,000 ft. 4 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. New Cell
F6 44 dBZ 17,000 ft. 5 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 39 knots W (274)
Q7 44 dBZ 8,000 ft. 3 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 35 knots W (270)
D6 43 dBZ 13,000 ft. 4 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 41 knots W (263)
R8 43 dBZ 14,000 ft. 2 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. New Cell
C7 40 dBZ 15,000 ft. 3 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 47 knots W (270)
B8 38 dBZ 14,000 ft. 3 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 62 knots WSW (255)
S8 38 dBZ 13,000 ft. 2 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. New Cell
W6 37 dBZ 13,000 ft. 2 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 39 knots W (267)
J8 35 dBZ 8,000 ft. 1 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 37 knots W (277)
I7 35 dBZ 9,000 ft. 1 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 41 knots W (267)
  • Tornado Vortex Signature
  • Mesocyclone
  • Hail