Weather Radar Maps

Des Moines Radar
NEXRAD Station DMX

View in WunderMap
Zoom:
update in: sec

Animate

Frame Delay

  • Tornado Warning
  • Tornado Watch
  • Severe Thunderstorm Warning
  • Severe Thunderstorm Watch
  • Winter Weather Statement
  • High Wind Advisory
  • Flood Warning
  • Flood Watch / Flood Statement
  • Hurricane Local Statement
  • Heat Advisory
  • Dense Fog Advisory
  • Fire Weather Advisory
  • Hurricane Watch
  • Hurricane Warning
  • Tropical Storm Watch
  • Tropical Storm Warning
  • Special Weather Statement

Doppler Radar Detected Storms

ID Max Top VIL Severe Hail Hail Max Hail Size Speed Direction (from)
Z4 64 dBZ 30,000 ft. 50 kg/m² 40% chance 90% chance 1.25 in. New Cell
B1 64 dBZ 47,000 ft. 26 kg/m² 70% chance 100% chance 1.75 in. 33 knots WSW (245)
W4 64 dBZ 33,000 ft. 56 kg/m² 60% chance 100% chance 1.50 in. New Cell
B5 63 dBZ 39,000 ft. 27 kg/m² 60% chance 100% chance 1.50 in. New Cell
K2 61 dBZ 28,000 ft. 24 kg/m² 20% chance 90% chance 0.75 in. 19 knots SW (227)
Q7 60 dBZ 30,000 ft. 42 kg/m² 10% chance 80% chance 0.50 in. 31 knots SW (232)
J2 60 dBZ 25,000 ft. 41 kg/m² 10% chance 80% chance 0.75 in. 23 knots WSW (251)
C3 59 dBZ 28,000 ft. 31 kg/m² 0% chance 30% chance <0.50 in. 10 knots WNW (291)
T1 59 dBZ 47,000 ft. 66 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 33 knots SW (231)
N9 58 dBZ 39,000 ft. 44 kg/m² 0% chance 90% chance 0.50 in. 29 knots WSW (244)
N4 58 dBZ 33,000 ft. 13 kg/m² 20% chance 80% chance 0.75 in. 45 knots SW (228)
G4 58 dBZ 23,000 ft. 40 kg/m² 0% chance 60% chance 0.50 in. 41 knots SSE (160)
B2 58 dBZ 29,000 ft. 46 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 37 knots SW (231)
X0 57 dBZ 33,000 ft. 45 kg/m² 10% chance 90% chance 0.75 in. 17 knots SSW (212)
X4 57 dBZ 41,000 ft. 53 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. New Cell
O9 55 dBZ 31,000 ft. 31 kg/m² 0% chance 80% chance 0.50 in. 17 knots WSW (241)
G1 55 dBZ 29,000 ft. 31 kg/m² 0% chance 70% chance 0.50 in. 16 knots SW (215)
D2 55 dBZ 22,000 ft. 31 kg/m² 0% chance 60% chance <0.50 in. 37 knots W (270)
R2 55 dBZ 34,000 ft. 31 kg/m² 0% chance 50% chance 0.50 in. 19 knots W (269)
L1 55 dBZ 31,000 ft. 47 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 17 knots SW (220)
N1 55 dBZ 33,000 ft. 39 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 17 knots W (270)
M4 54 dBZ 25,000 ft. 30 kg/m² 0% chance 80% chance 0.50 in. 35 knots WNW (287)
P1 54 dBZ 24,000 ft. 26 kg/m² 0% chance 50% chance <0.50 in. 14 knots SSW (213)
G2 54 dBZ 32,000 ft. 34 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 29 knots WSW (249)
P4 54 dBZ 31,000 ft. 34 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 45 knots WNW (303)
G8 53 dBZ 37,000 ft. 34 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 31 knots SSW (193)
J0 52 dBZ 25,000 ft. 25 kg/m² 0% chance 80% chance 0.50 in. 27 knots WSW (256)
F5 52 dBZ 21,000 ft. 9 kg/m² 0% chance 50% chance <0.50 in. New Cell
Z0 52 dBZ 33,000 ft. 21 kg/m² 0% chance 30% chance <0.50 in. 23 knots SW (221)
I4 52 dBZ 25,000 ft. 25 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. New Cell
K3 52 dBZ 27,000 ft. 24 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 35 knots SSW (205)
Q3 50 dBZ 34,000 ft. 24 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 37 knots SSW (205)
  • Tornado Vortex Signature
  • Mesocyclone
  • Hail