Weather Radar Maps

Des Moines Radar
NEXRAD Station DMX
Save Image

Zoom:
update in: sec

Animate

Frame Delay

  • NEXRAD
  • Current
  • Station Down
  • Tornado Warning
  • Tornado Watch
  • Severe Thunderstorm Warning
  • Severe Thunderstorm Watch
  • Winter Weather Statement
  • High Wind Advisory
  • Flood Warning
  • Flood Watch / Flood Statement
  • Hurricane Local Statement
  • Heat Advisory
  • Dense Fog Advisory
  • Fire Weather Advisory
  • Hurricane Watch
  • Hurricane Warning
  • Tropical Storm Watch
  • Tropical Storm Warning
  • Special Weather Statement

Doppler Radar Detected Storms

ID Max Top VIL Severe Hail Hail Max Hail Size Speed Direction (from)
Y0 63 dBZ 31,000 ft. 45 kg/m² 30% chance 90% chance 1.00 in. 43 knots W (277)
M6 61 dBZ 30,000 ft. 42 kg/m² 10% chance 90% chance 0.75 in. 43 knots W (280)
J4 57 dBZ 28,000 ft. 35 kg/m² 0% chance 50% chance <0.50 in. 60 knots W (279)
E7 57 dBZ 37,000 ft. 44 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 21 knots NW (321)
P9 54 dBZ 21,000 ft. 12 kg/m² 0% chance 30% chance <0.50 in. New Cell
K6 53 dBZ 29,000 ft. 24 kg/m² 0% chance 40% chance <0.50 in. 39 knots WNW (291)
Z7 53 dBZ 25,000 ft. 22 kg/m² 0% chance 40% chance <0.50 in. 27 knots WNW (295)
R8 53 dBZ 18,000 ft. 14 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 33 knots WNW (292)
N9 52 dBZ 18,000 ft. 16 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 31 knots WNW (299)
D8 51 dBZ 10,000 ft. 9 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 35 knots W (276)
S5 50 dBZ 30,000 ft. 23 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 31 knots WNW (285)
D9 50 dBZ 19,000 ft. 12 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 35 knots W (275)
E0 50 dBZ 26,000 ft. 12 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 33 knots WSW (254)
A1 49 dBZ 29,000 ft. 16 kg/m² 0% chance 20% chance <0.50 in. 43 knots WNW (285)
I9 48 dBZ 25,000 ft. 11 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 70 knots W (278)
F7 48 dBZ 22,000 ft. 12 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. New Cell
P0 48 dBZ 18,000 ft. 8 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 29 knots NW (321)
A4 47 dBZ 20,000 ft. 11 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. New Cell
E2 47 dBZ 23,000 ft. 13 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. New Cell
G5 47 dBZ 26,000 ft. 13 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 25 knots NNW (328)
T2 47 dBZ 21,000 ft. 10 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 37 knots WNW (289)
U9 46 dBZ 6,000 ft. 3 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 31 knots W (281)
T8 46 dBZ 23,000 ft. 3 kg/m² 0% chance 10% chance <0.50 in. New Cell
G6 45 dBZ 22,000 ft. 8 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. New Cell
O0 45 dBZ 16,000 ft. 5 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 39 knots WNW (293)
H6 45 dBZ 13,000 ft. 5 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. New Cell
T5 43 dBZ 23,000 ft. 6 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. New Cell
F1 42 dBZ 20,000 ft. 5 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. New Cell
N8 41 dBZ 27,000 ft. 6 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. New Cell
R7 40 dBZ 15,000 ft. 3 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 49 knots W (268)
A6 39 dBZ 12,000 ft. 2 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 39 knots W (277)
O2 37 dBZ 17,000 ft. 2 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. New Cell
  • Tornado Vortex Signature
  • Mesocyclone
  • Hail