Weather Radar Maps

Des Moines Radar
NEXRAD Station DMX
Save Image

Zoom:
update in: sec

Animate

Frame Delay

  • NEXRAD
  • Current
  • Station Down
  • Tornado Warning
  • Tornado Watch
  • Severe Thunderstorm Warning
  • Severe Thunderstorm Watch
  • Winter Weather Statement
  • High Wind Advisory
  • Flood Warning
  • Flood Watch / Flood Statement
  • Hurricane Local Statement
  • Heat Advisory
  • Dense Fog Advisory
  • Fire Weather Advisory
  • Hurricane Watch
  • Hurricane Warning
  • Tropical Storm Watch
  • Tropical Storm Warning
  • Special Weather Statement

Doppler Radar Detected Storms

ID Max Top VIL Severe Hail Hail Max Hail Size Speed Direction (from)
F4 57 dBZ 39,000 ft. 44 kg/m² 10% chance 90% chance 0.75 in. 19 knots W (275)
F5 56 dBZ 32,000 ft. 34 kg/m² 0% chance 80% chance <0.50 in. 10 knots W (266)
T6 55 dBZ 25,000 ft. 29 kg/m² 0% chance 60% chance 0.50 in. 23 knots W (272)
I4 54 dBZ 37,000 ft. 34 kg/m² 0% chance 80% chance 0.50 in. 21 knots WSW (248)
Q7 54 dBZ 36,000 ft. 30 kg/m² 0% chance 70% chance <0.50 in. 19 knots WSW (245)
H6 53 dBZ 29,000 ft. 23 kg/m² 0% chance 20% chance <0.50 in. 23 knots W (261)
S0 53 dBZ 16,000 ft. 14 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 17 knots W (266)
N8 53 dBZ 12,000 ft. 9 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 21 knots W (270)
Q6 52 dBZ 39,000 ft. 31 kg/m² 0% chance 90% chance 0.50 in. 21 knots WSW (258)
H7 52 dBZ 24,000 ft. 11 kg/m² 0% chance 60% chance <0.50 in. 16 knots SW (214)
U4 52 dBZ 19,000 ft. 19 kg/m² 0% chance 20% chance <0.50 in. 16 knots NW (311)
M7 52 dBZ 28,000 ft. 19 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 23 knots W (263)
B8 51 dBZ 27,000 ft. 22 kg/m² 0% chance 50% chance <0.50 in. 17 knots WNW (287)
D0 51 dBZ 22,000 ft. 16 kg/m² 0% chance 50% chance <0.50 in. 21 knots W (273)
H4 51 dBZ 21,000 ft. 15 kg/m² 0% chance 10% chance <0.50 in. 23 knots W (260)
Z8 51 dBZ 18,000 ft. 17 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 17 knots SW (229)
F0 50 dBZ 21,000 ft. 14 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 19 knots W (265)
U6 50 dBZ 20,000 ft. 13 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. New Cell
H2 49 dBZ 22,000 ft. 5 kg/m² 0% chance 60% chance <0.50 in. New Cell
I7 49 dBZ 22,000 ft. 9 kg/m² 0% chance 50% chance <0.50 in. New Cell
J9 49 dBZ 13,000 ft. 8 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 16 knots W (269)
X0 47 dBZ 16,000 ft. 8 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. New Cell
Y7 46 dBZ 50,000 ft. 21 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 19 knots WNW (283)
E1 45 dBZ 13,000 ft. 5 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 16 knots WNW (283)
Q4 40 dBZ 19,000 ft. 4 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 41 knots W (274)
  • Tornado Vortex Signature
  • Mesocyclone
  • Hail