Weather Radar Maps

Des Moines Radar
NEXRAD Station DMX
Save Image

Zoom:
update in: sec

Animate

Frame Delay

  • NEXRAD
  • Current
  • Station Down
  • Tornado Warning
  • Tornado Watch
  • Severe Thunderstorm Warning
  • Severe Thunderstorm Watch
  • Winter Weather Statement
  • High Wind Advisory
  • Flood Warning
  • Flood Watch / Flood Statement
  • Hurricane Local Statement
  • Heat Advisory
  • Dense Fog Advisory
  • Fire Weather Advisory
  • Hurricane Watch
  • Hurricane Warning
  • Tropical Storm Watch
  • Tropical Storm Warning
  • Special Weather Statement

Doppler Radar Detected Storms

ID Max Top VIL Severe Hail Hail Max Hail Size Speed Direction (from)
X2 62 dBZ 51,000 ft. 79 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 31 knots W (280)
F5 57 dBZ 37,000 ft. 51 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 27 knots WSW (255)
J5 55 dBZ 24,000 ft. 32 kg/m² 20% chance 80% chance 0.50 in. 6 knots SSW (199)
G1 54 dBZ 20,000 ft. 21 kg/m² 0% chance 30% chance <0.50 in. 4 knots WSW (252)
C4 50 dBZ 20,000 ft. 13 kg/m² 0% chance 10% chance <0.50 in. 14 knots W (272)
B5 50 dBZ 26,000 ft. 18 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 23 knots WSW (248)
I5 48 dBZ 33,000 ft. 19 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 39 knots SW (222)
D5 44 dBZ 40,000 ft. 13 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 33 knots WSW (241)
N5 44 dBZ 34,000 ft. 11 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. New Cell
I1 43 dBZ 30,000 ft. 8 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 31 knots WSW (257)
X4 39 dBZ 39,000 ft. 2 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 35 knots WSW (247)
  • Tornado Vortex Signature
  • Mesocyclone
  • Hail