Weather Radar Maps

Birmingham Radar
NEXRAD Station BMX

View in WunderMap
Zoom:
update in: sec

Animate

Frame Delay

  • Tornado Warning
  • Tornado Watch
  • Severe Thunderstorm Warning
  • Severe Thunderstorm Watch
  • Winter Weather Statement
  • High Wind Advisory
  • Flood Warning
  • Flood Watch / Flood Statement
  • Hurricane Local Statement
  • Heat Advisory
  • Dense Fog Advisory
  • Fire Weather Advisory
  • Hurricane Watch
  • Hurricane Warning
  • Tropical Storm Watch
  • Tropical Storm Warning
  • Special Weather Statement

Doppler Radar Detected Storms

ID Max Top VIL Severe Hail Hail Max Hail Size Speed Direction (from)
L0 61 dBZ 20,000 ft. 27 kg/m² 30% chance 50% chance 0.75 in. 51 knots NW (312)
Z0 57 dBZ 35,000 ft. 37 kg/m² 10% chance 90% chance 0.50 in. 25 knots W (260)
K7 57 dBZ 36,000 ft. 35 kg/m² 0% chance 90% chance 0.50 in. 12 knots WSW (257)
J4 57 dBZ 27,000 ft. 28 kg/m² 0% chance 20% chance <0.50 in. 23 knots W (265)
O1 56 dBZ 22,000 ft. 30 kg/m² 0% chance 40% chance <0.50 in. 25 knots SW (234)
B2 56 dBZ 26,000 ft. 24 kg/m² 0% chance 20% chance <0.50 in. 27 knots WSW (246)
K0 56 dBZ 28,000 ft. 41 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 23 knots WSW (247)
O2 55 dBZ 20,000 ft. 27 kg/m² 0% chance 40% chance <0.50 in. 27 knots SW (231)
T4 55 dBZ 13,000 ft. 20 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. New Cell
V7 55 dBZ 18,000 ft. 17 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 31 knots W (260)
Z3 55 dBZ 5,000 ft. 8 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 37 knots WSW (239)
G3 54 dBZ 18,000 ft. 9 kg/m² 0% chance 20% chance <0.50 in. New Cell
Q6 54 dBZ 20,000 ft. 19 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 35 knots W (276)
L2 53 dBZ 20,000 ft. 19 kg/m² 0% chance 10% chance <0.50 in. 17 knots WSW (258)
W8 53 dBZ 15,000 ft. 17 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 33 knots W (279)
B0 53 dBZ 17,000 ft. 15 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 33 knots WSW (257)
Z1 53 dBZ 16,000 ft. 9 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 14 knots WSW (250)
A4 52 dBZ 24,000 ft. 18 kg/m² 0% chance 10% chance <0.50 in. 33 knots W (281)
D7 52 dBZ 15,000 ft. 13 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 37 knots W (274)
P1 52 dBZ 15,000 ft. 10 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 29 knots W (272)
S1 51 dBZ 15,000 ft. 12 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 35 knots W (265)
E2 51 dBZ 10,000 ft. 9 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. New Cell
E3 51 dBZ 14,000 ft. 9 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 27 knots WSW (238)
M5 49 dBZ 11,000 ft. 6 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. New Cell
Q4 48 dBZ 23,000 ft. 12 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 45 knots WSW (241)
K6 48 dBZ 21,000 ft. 11 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. New Cell
R8 48 dBZ 9,000 ft. 6 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 23 knots WSW (249)
W5 48 dBZ 11,000 ft. 5 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. New Cell
T2 47 dBZ 20,000 ft. 9 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. New Cell
S8 45 dBZ 19,000 ft. 7 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 19 knots WSW (250)
P4 44 dBZ 20,000 ft. 7 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. New Cell
P3 43 dBZ 14,000 ft. 5 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 76 knots WNW (294)
  • Tornado Vortex Signature
  • Mesocyclone
  • Hail